Happy New Year. I didn’t make any resolutions, because I don’t wait for a specific time or day of the year. If it comes up, I make the resolution. I either succeed or fail. But maybe it’s a good time to look at things I should succeed at. But why be boring and simply rattle off the usual ‘self-improvement’ self rant that only leads to depression at failures and wearied hoorays at the few successes. No, I think I’m going to make some choices on things that are purely for my own enjoyment, and then set out to achieve them. I figure that way I can not only accomplish goals, but I can also rebalance against all the stresses that occur in life anyhow. Why add to them? So without further ado, here is my list of things to do throughout the next year:
* Write (or help write) a LARP.
* Go bowling at least once a month. – this can be substituted with some other thing that has approximately the same entertainment value, cost, time constraint, and ability to get me out of the house, such as mini-golf, a trip to the movies, etc.
* Visit at least 5 different museums.
* Discover 3 new restaurants.
* Spend more time outside.
* Read a _minimum_ of one book a month.
* Pick up a new hobby.
I’m sure there’s more that I can think of, but this sounds like a reasonable list to get myself started with. *grin* Looks like I’ve got no time to lose….